Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:22:18 +0100
From:      Marco =?utf-8?q?Br=C3=B6der?= <marco.broeder@gmx.eu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, Sticky Bit <stickybit@gmx.net>, Chuck Robey <chuckr@telenix.org>
Subject:   Re: qt4 ports descriptions

--nextPart1469834.PRymGTJH0L

On Tue March 24 2009 22:47:28 Doug Barton wrote:
> Marco, I think you misunderstood what Chuck said. The term "attaboy"
> is an English colloquialism that means roughly "congratulations for a
> job well done." What Chuck is saying is that the kde maintainers
> should be congratulated for adding appropriate pkg-descr files to the
> ports they maintain.

Well, English is not my native language. If your description is what he=20
actually means then I totally misunderstood it and I am sorry. :-)=20

> hope this helps,

Sure it does! Thanks!

There are too many people who demand and complain a lot but do not=20
contribute anything. Instead they attack the folks who actually do the work=
=2E=20
This is especially true for KDE. It will be even more true for QT 4.5,=20
because FreeBSD is now an officially unsupported platform ('thanks' to Noki=
a).=20
So it will be even more hard to port and maintain this stuff in the future.

Many users want everything right now but nobody but very few actually do th=
e=20
jobs. And THIS is extremely frustrating and annoying.

That is the message I intended to say. ;-)=20

=2D-=20
Regards,
Marco Br=C3=B6der <marco.broeder@gmx.eu>
OpenPGP key fingerprint: 5615 106E 031A F3D3 64CC 0F9E 4DCE 6524 F595 082F