Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2009 22:22:27 -0400
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Martes Wigglesworth <martes@mgwigglesworth.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamassassin anyone???

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 07:22:51PM -0400, Martes Wigglesworth wrote:
> Greetings list.
>
> I was just wondering, why don't they just run spamassassin on the
> freebsd lists servers?????  I would cut down on spam, and I doubt would
> be any overhead if it were simply updated.

As far as I am aware, they do run SpamAssassin on the listserv box.
And also as far as I'm aware, if they were NOT running SA, you'd
likely see upwards of a hundred spam messages a day getting through.

Note that no A/S technology has a 100% catch rate, and as the volume
of spam goes up, the volume of false negatives must also go up
and hence you're seeing more spam.  Its just the current round in
the never-ending war against spam.

Regards,

Gary