Date:      Fri, 2 Oct 2009 22:56:40 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Voting for a native i386/amd64 flash player

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 08:15:07PM -0500, J Sisson wrote:
>=20
> And if enough people petition Microsoft, we can get them to release Windo=
ws
> 7 source under the GPL.
>=20
> Reality called...your request to ignore it was denied.

Actually, we *could*.  The problem is the definition of "enough".  I'm
sure that if you got 100% of the Windows users in the world to do so,
Microsoft top brass would be hard-pressed to avoid acquiescing.
Meanwhile, I'm sure that if you got 1% to do so, it would raise some
eyebrows at Microsoft, but utterly fail to get MS executives to put a
moment's thought into making that kind of licensing change, except
perhaps to laugh at it.  The problem is figuring out the exact threshold,
somewhere between 1% and 100%.

In other words, to quote an old off-color joke:

    "We've already established you're a prostitute, my dear.  Now we're
    just haggling over the price."

--=20

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU

--azLHFNyN32YCQGCU--