Date:      Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:05:04 +0100
From:      Wilhelm Greiner <wilhelm.greiner@erwo.net>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   fwd: jdk-1.6.0.3p4_12 Problem (Socket Thing)

Hi,

i now also tested it with openjdk6 (compiled).

The Error Message "java.net.BindException" is exactly the
same.

In the Ports i see the openjdk7 Port since any days, does
it make any sense to test this Port with the Applikation?

It seems imho that it must be a FreeBSD Problem, with
the loopback interface or whatever.

Does anyone have a hint about that?

regards,
Wilhelm

Old Post quoting:

i have a Problem with the Port "jdk-1.6.0.3p4_12" on FreeBSD
"8.0-RELEASE #0".

An Application dies with the Error "java.net.BindException: Can't assign
requested address".

In the lack of compatibility i cant use diablo JRE or Open Java Runtime
(the gpled Thing).

On my Test Box i disabled ipv6 in rc.conf, also i used the Java
Parameter "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true".

Also i read about problems with the loopback interface, the command
"ifconfig lo0" says:
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        options=3<RXCSUM,TXCSUM>
        inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
        inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
        inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000

Think the settings should be ok, can anyone help please to find the problem?

I dont have the sources of the applikation.