Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2010 06:41:03 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd-ports.user@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pkg_version notification and perl

I just ran 'portsnap' to update my port tree, followed
by "/usr/sbin/pkg_version -vIL=" which produced this output:

These ports need updating:
perl-5.10.1_1                       >   succeeds index (index has 5.10.1)
startup-notification-0.10           <   needs updating (index has 0.10_1)

You will notice the discrepancy with perl. This never occurred before.
Is there something wrong on my system or does the problem exist
elsewhere?

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD-Ports.user@seibercom.net

If you live to the age of a hundred you have it made
because very few people die past the age of a hundred.

	George Burns