Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:01:48 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
To:        jkim@FreeBSD.org (Jung-uk Kim)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org, Andriy Gapon <avg@icyb.net.ua>
Subject:   Re: 8.1-PRERELEASE: CPU packages not detected correctly

Jung-uk Kim wrote:
 > On Thursday 15 July 2010 01:56 pm, Andriy Gapon wrote:
 > > on 15/07/2010 19:57 Oliver Fromme said the following:
 > > > I patched topo_probe() so it calls topo_probe_0x4() after
 > > > topo_probe_0xb() if cpu_cores is still 0.  I think this
 > > > is a better fallback procedure.  With this patch, cpu_cores
 > > > gets the value 4 which is the correct one, finally:
 > > [...]
 > > I think that your addition achieves this effect, perhaps just not
 > > as explicitly as I would preferred.
 > >
 > > Jung-uk, what do you think?
 >
 > Yes, you're right.  Please try new patch:
 >
 > http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/mp_machdep2.diff

Thank you!

I will have access to that particular machine on Monday again,
so testing the new patch will have to wait until Monday.
But from looking at your patch it should have the same result
as my simpler patch, so it should work fine.

Best regards
   Oliver

"C++ is the only current language making COBOL look good."
        -- Bertrand Meyer