Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 2010 12:51:34 +0200
From:      Marco van Lienen <marco+freebsd-current@lordsith.net>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] ZFS version 15 committed to head

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:25:56PM +0200, you (Stefan Bethke) sent the foll=
owing to the -current list:
> Am 17.07.2010 um 12:14 schrieb Marco van Lienen:
>=20
> > # zpool list pool1
> > NAME    SIZE   USED  AVAIL    CAP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
> > pool1  5.44T   147K  5.44T     0%  ONLINE  -
> > zfs list however only shows:
> > # zfs list pool1
> > NAME    USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
> > pool1  91.9K  3.56T  28.0K  /pool1
> >=20
> > I just lost the space of an entire hdd!
>=20
> zpool always shows the raw capacity (without redundancy), zfs the actual =
available capacity.

I have read many things about those differences, but why then does zfs on o=
pensolaris report more available space whereas FreeBSD does not?
That would imply that my friend running osol build 117 couldn't fill up his=
 raidz pool past the 3.56T.

marco

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR

--6sX45UoQRIJXqkqR--