Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:16:56 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: First RSPRO deployed !

On Wednesday 10 November 2010 13:21:55 Luiz Otavio O Souza wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> This is just a FYI about my first RSPRO deployed and my satisfaction with
> it :)

Hi,

> I'm running a slightly modified version of current (for the RTC support and
> basic multi-phy/switch support - still without vlan support).

Could you share your changes/patches? I have this board too and could benefit
from it too... you did a bit more already than me...

> I've replaced my old P4 server and my (also old) wireless AP by this RSPRO
> with a ubiquiti SR-2 card.

Hm, interesting, What do you use it for?

> The only problem i had was with the WPA - hostapd - setup (never did it
> before, so i probably have screwed the setup).

If you could show config, maybe someone could help you. I have tested WPA
setup with two FreeBSD systems and Atheros cards and it worked. I could use my
FreeBSD AP as an internet gateway for wifi enabled Nokia E66, too, so I think
a verified it a bit :) and this kind of things should not be arch dependent :)

> Here is the dmesg: http://pastebin.com/BGsAun6b
>
> The ifconfig: http://pastebin.com/Vf5pqaQs
>
> Disks and slices: http://pastebin.com/2jc0fJPh
>
> GPIO devices: http://pastebin.com/FvhQW5iL
>
> All installed ports: http://pastebin.com/yHcszFpR
>
> It's running fully static, booting a gziped kernel from onboard flash and
> with a full system on a 8GB SD card (i've another two 4GB memsticks, one
> is used for ports and the other for sources and obj).

Again, it would be great if you could share your experience - I would like to
run from flash too, but did not came there yet, I am still only at netboot
stage with USB flasdisk based file system.

Regards,
Milan