Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:18:13 +0100
From:      Raoul <rmgls@free.fr>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell 370 bluetooth minicard

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:31:10 -0800
Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Raoul <rmgls@free.fr> wrote:
> >
> > On my Dell E6400 the Dell bluetooth 370 wireless minicard (a CBM2046B&?)
>
> i assume its bcm2046b :)

Sory, a typo: BCM2046B1.

> > if i am right, does not attach to any driver.
> > i tried several drivers and of course loaded ng_ubt.
> > but rc.bluetooth start ubt0 reply
> > ngctl: send msg: No such file or directory
> > FreeBSD current r218726.
> > It never attached, it is not a version problem.

> is device recognized at all? i assume it presents itself as usb
> device. if its the case ugen(4) should attach to it. do you see any
> ugen(4) related messages? what does usbconfig(8) output look like?

you are right (i forgot that, do we need a quirk?

    usbconfig -u 0 -a 2 dump_all_config_desc:

ugen0.2: <BCM2046B1 Broadcom> at usbus0, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=SAVE

 Configuration index 0

    bLength = 0x0009
    bDescriptorType = 0x0002
    wTotalLength = 0x0019
    bNumInterfaces = 0x0001
    bConfigurationValue = 0x0001
    iConfiguration = 0x0000  <no string>
    bmAttributes = 0x00e0
    bMaxPower = 0x002f

    Interface 0
      bLength = 0x0009
      bDescriptorType = 0x0004
      bInterfaceNumber = 0x0000
      bAlternateSetting = 0x0000
      bNumEndpoints = 0x0001
      bInterfaceClass = 0x0009
      bInterfaceSubClass = 0x0000
      bInterfaceProtocol = 0x0000
      iInterface = 0x0000  <no string>

     Endpoint 0
        bLength = 0x0007
        bDescriptorType = 0x0005
        bEndpointAddress = 0x0081  <IN>
        bmAttributes = 0x0003  <INTERRUPT>
        wMaxPacketSize = 0x0001
        bInterval = 0x00ff
        bRefresh = 0x0000
        bSynchAddress = 0x0000

> lets start and see if card is recognized at all, i.e. ugen(4) should
> be attaching to all usb devices by default.

best regards

Raoul
rmgls@free.fr