Date:      Mon, 9 May 2011 13:42:04 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Needing Help

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 03:04:36PM +0100, RW wrote:
>=20
> There's also ee in the base system, which is good enough for editing
> configuration files, and is much easier for a casual user. The benefits
> of vi and emacs are mostly for developers.=20

It's not just for software development.  I use Vim for writing code, but
I also use it for writing in English -- professional work on articles,
development of traditional (non-computer) RPG systems, fiction,
configuration files, notes to myself, and composing emails (including
this one).

--=20

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5--