Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2011 08:37:36 -0500
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@x.it.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Two Networks on one System

	Following up on a question I wrote Friday June 17, a
person from this list kindly referred me to the FreeBSD
Handbook and the sections on configuring Ethernet interfaces. It
has an excellent example as to how to set the default gateway
from the command line. I tried it and it worked. Can a second
interface such as fxp1 also be informed about the
router on its network while we still keep the default route for fxp0?

	I hope to remotely ping both fxp0 and fxp1's ip
addresses from off site and get an answer from both.
	So far, fxp0 is visible off of its network and fxp1 is
only present on its subnet.

	It appears that you can only have one default route per
system and I need this system to appear on both networks for a
day or so while we move from one subnet to another.

	I presently have FW rules for fxp1 that should totally
open everything:

00090 allow ip from any to 192.168.1.250 via fxp1
00091 allow ip from 192.168.1.250 to any via fxp1

Obviously, I am still missing something.

	Thanks for any explanation as I think this sort of thing
is fairly common.