Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2011 13:10:03 GMT
From:      Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
To:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/131342: [nfs] mounting/unmounting of disks causes NFS to fail

The following reply was made to PR kern/131342; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Birgmeier <Martin.Birgmeier@aon.at>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: kern/131342: [nfs] mounting/unmounting of disks causes NFS to
 fail
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 15:00:03 +0200

 This is a friendly reminder that some kind soul with knowledge of the
 relevant kernel parts look into this... the error can easily be
 reproduced. I just had it on a 7.4 system which did heavy reading from
 an 8.2 server. When I mounted something on the server, the client got a
 "Permission denied" reply.

 So, to recap the scenario:

 7.4 NFS client
 8.2 NFS server
 client mounts a fs from the server (via IPv4, might be interesting to
 look at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/151681, too, but
 that is unrelated)
 client does heavy i/o on the mounted fs
 server does a mount (on its side, in this case it was from an md device)

 --> error: client gets back some NFS error (in this case "permission
 denied")