Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2012 07:23:03 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Robert Bonomi <bonomi@mail.r-bonomi.com>
To:        mru258@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: is it possible to install freebsd on tablet?

> From: Mr U <mru258@yahoo.com>
> Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 04:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
> Subject: is it possible to install freebsd on tablet?
>
> hi
>
> I have a question, is it possible to install freebsd (or netbsd) on an
> android tablet?

Authoritative answer:
  "Theoetically poszible? yes.
   Realistically doable? Maybe".

And it's a _big_ "maybe".

It depends on the -exact- hardware details of the tablet device in question.

If the particular make/model of tablet is not explicitly listed in the
'supported hardware' list ffor the vesion of FreeBSD that you are consideing,
then it will take a -lot- of research to deteming whether FreeBSD will
run without modification on that device.

If there are 'unsupported peripherrals' inside the tablet, then a major
progamming effort would be requied.

The hard truth is that "if you have to ask", you probably don't have the
skills to deal with anything that is not expessly listed in the hadware
copatibilityy list in the O/S release notes for the O/S vesion you are
consideing installing.   Getting 'architectual internals' details about
non pc-clone hardware is generally _not_ easy.