Date:      Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:40:01 GMT
From:      Chad Fraleigh <chadf@triularity.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/174248: New port for lang/python33

The following reply was made to PR ports/174248; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Chad Fraleigh <chadf@triularity.org>
To: Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Cc: Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>, bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 02:35:43 -0800

 On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru> wrote:

 > As for me, it would be great if the changes from this pr be merged into
 > koobs'es port version, then the final patch will be putted as follow-up
 > there to not duplicate the work. Since this addition needs an bsd.python.mk
 > change, it can't be made until 9.1R (should be released at this weekend or
 > at next Monday), and in turn I'll not be able to look into the new python
 > port until December 20, so if anybody has the spare time to handle it
 > earlier - please feel free to do this. If not, I'll take it after 20th.

 I mainly submitted it because blender's (ports/graphics/blender) trunk
 code now requires python 3.3 (and didn't know someone was working on
 it at the time). So for them to build a portable version for FreeBSD
 (or blender to ever be updated to that in the ports tree) would
 require a standard python 3.3 installed.

 > Since this new port is mostly based on python32, it should be diff against
 > it, not shar. The python32/ will be [repo]copied into python33 and then
 > produced diff applied. So I believe there should not be Whom/Created by line
 > at all, but your names will stay in commit history forever :).

 I thought about a diff at first.. but since I doubted my contribution
 would have gone in as-is that just giving what it would be was simpler
 than a diff (except for the ports/Mk/ file, since it might be changed
 by others). Honestly I wasn't sure if the diff and patch would do the
 right thing for "deleting" files. The other risk is if someone had
 changed the python32 version then my diff might have been broken by
 the time the "bug report" was worked on.

 -Chad