Date:      Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:51:25 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: acpi resume related patch

On Friday, January 25, 2013 3:43:33 am Andriy Gapon wrote:

> If you have ACPI suspend/resume working, if it used to work but stopped working
> at some time, if it never worked, but you are still hoping, could you please
> test the following patch and report back?
>
> http://svn.freebsd.by/files/acpi-apic-wakeup-final.patch

This will break systems not using the local APIC since you unconditionally
call lapic_setup() on resume.  This was part of the feature of the previous
code that by using a dummy pic it could register it only when the local APIC
was used.  It should also be registered before any of the I/O APICs are by
the design of the local_apic.c code.

--
John Baldwin