Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2013 12:29:13 -0500
From:      "J.R. Oldroyd" <fbsd@opal.com>
To:        freebsd-chromium@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPC memory leakage on latest chromium-24.0.1312.57

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 09:16:36 -0500 Eitan Adler <lists@eitanadler.com>
wrote:

> I am seeing the same issue.

And +1 here.

I think the problem may be related to
files/patch-ui__surface__transport_dib_linux.cc which replaces the
immediate removal of the shm after attaching to it with removal in
the destructor iff we're the last who is attached to it.

The comment states:
// On BSD we can't access the shared memory after is marked for
deletion.
but this is not true if kern.ipc.shm_allow_removed=1 which we are told
to set in the pkg-message.

I have removed this patch and am running with the original code.  All
appears well so far, but perhaps I have not been running long enough
for the problem to recur.  I'll post back if it it does.

Of course, the original code is defensive to ensure that the shm is
removed if there's a crash.  Presumably, the fact that the code in the
patch isn't working suggests that something is, in fact, crashing.
Perhaps this is what really should be debugged.

	-jr