Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 2014 09:54:21 -0400
From:      Chris Nehren <cnehren+freebsd-stable@pobox.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Note for those pulling in new ZFS feature flags

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

Not too long ago I upgraded my FreeBSD workstation to 10-STABLE
=66rom 10-RELEASE in order to try newcons.  After I upgraded to
10-STABLE, I saw in `zpool status` that my pools could be
upgraded to a new version of ZFS.  I did this, and then needed to
reboot the machine for unrelated reasons.  When it came back up,
it refused to boot because gptzfsboot couldn't import the pools.

I solved this by re-running `gpart bootcode` for the afflicted
drives.  This was a bit trying, though, as my workstation is the
only FreeBSD machine I have readily available.  So, for those
upgrading their zpools, be careful and remember to fix the
bootcode if you're using ZFS for the root filesystem.

I have also filed a PR to note that situations like these should
be noted in UPDATING, kern/188328.  Hopefully this post saves
someone else a few hours.

--=20
Chris Nehren

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S