Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:41:44 +0100
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Carsten Jensen <tomse@tomse.dk>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgng deviates from defaults?

--cvVnyQ+4j833TQvp

On Sun, Mar 08, 2015 at 01:46:28PM +0100, Carsten Jensen wrote:
>=20
> It seems that pkgng deviates from installing the defaults.
> one of the culprits seems to be phpMyAdmin, as trying to upgrade this
> only it wants php56
> deleting phpMyAdmin just shows I have other packages needing php56 in my
> system.
>=20
> is this a bug? and how can I prevent upgrading to the non-default php56?

The default settings are a ports tree setting not a pkg setting. for now the
ports are hardcoding the required version into the packages, this is a lega=
cy of
the old system, noone has yet been working on this. so beside building your=
 own
packages with poudriere (which will define the default you want) righ now t=
here
is no way to avoid that.

The php case but not only php will require small changes in pkg(8) to activ=
ate
smart dependencies: depend on a>1<=3D2.10 and also adding provides/requires=
 (this
is not very hard to be added in pkg.) and it should also require heavy chan=
ges
on the port side!

As far as I know noone has been working on those changes in the port side. =
the
pkg(8) changes are mostly pending for real use cases in the port side. Mean=
ing
both should be coordinated.

Best regards,
Bapt