Date:      Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:02:27 -0400
From:      Stephen R Guglielmo <srguglielmo@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getmail problem

--Sig_/WaBqcXcm5e0QEFo1ch/h9Pf

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 17:06:59 +0100
Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr> wrote:
> What could be the cause for the following error message:
>=20
> SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever:hawei@imap.free.fr:993:
> getmail-hawei-rc: operation error (command: LOGIN =3D> socket error:
> EOF)

It would be my first instinct to blame the remote server, but I don't
want to jump to conclusions too quickly. You could run tcpdump (or
wireshark if you want a GUI) to get more of an idea of what's causing
it. I have used getmail with Gmail in the past through a cronjob and
it's worked quite well. I assume you're using the latest version of
getmail?

I thought I could make an account on free.fr so I could test it from my
end, but it doesn't seem to offer this (I initially thought it was a
free webmail site).