Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 2015 01:01:28 -0500
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jos=E9_Garc=EDa?= Juanino <jjuanino@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geli panics my system after suspend-resume: g_eli_orphan_spoil_assert() called for cd0.eli

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 08:51:08PM +0200 I heard the voice of
José García Juanino, and lo! it spake thus:

> I have tried your patch and works. At least, the laptop does not
> panic. But after resume, the geli device is destroyed:

Yeah, that's presumably unavoidable, once we reach the point where
we're getting the media change event.

Of course, in your own case, if you can know that is meaningless, you
could just replace that callback with a stub that just returns, but
that's hardly a good general idea.  But presumably geli should treat
that spoil event the same as an orpah, which at least avoids the panic
and does the least wrong thing in the circumstances.  Since the events
DO occur (the code suggests the original thought was that they
couldn't), we might as well deal with them as gracefully as possible.

The only real "solution" in a general sense to the event happening
would be to figure out why the CD/DVD device is throwing a media
change event on suspend/resume.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it's
hard to do anything else (you've been suspended, you don't know what's
been done to the drive while you weren't around) though...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@over-yonder.net