Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2016 10:32:47 +0200
From:      Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        Da Rock <freebsd-arm@herveybayaustralia.com.au>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: u-boot efi option

 I've never had any problem with it (I know it doesn't really answer to
your question).
 SuSe have switch to EFI (the main developer for U-Boot
EFI is from SuSe), OpenBSD too.

 The main problem right now for people to test is that the partition
on the arm images that we provide aren't aligned for it to work.

 I either need to fix the bug for non 512kb-aligned partition or
aligned them in the release scripts.

 Also I don't know which ports-tree re@ is using for snapshots. I think
that they use the latest quarterly for release and stable.
 So we have to be carefull when we will switch the ports to UEFI.

 In the meantime don't hesitate to test with my patch.

 If you have the correct dtb in /dtb/ on the msdos part U-Boot will load
it.
 For booting automatically just put boot1.efi as /efi/boot/bootarm.efi