Date:      Wed, 11 Jan 2017 02:19:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with mixer settings

Hi

My skype4 sound quality is quite bad.
(Yes I know about jitsi.
It used to work great, but for a couple of
weeks I cannot see or hear and cannot be heard or seen).

I wonder if part of the issue is to do with my
mixer settings:

Mixer vol      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer pcm      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  74:74
Mixer rec      is currently set to  37:37
Mixer igain    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer ogain    is currently set to 100:100
Mixer monitor  is currently set to  67:67
Recording source: monitor

mixer(8) man page doesn't really explain
what each setting refers to.

Can anybody explain or point to a more detailed
source of information.

Thanks

Anton