Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:00:31 +0200
From:      Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To:        git@freebsd.org
Cc:        developers@freebsd.org
Subject:   One surprise in commit messages with git

--nextPart2129244.Du3HOY4CEZ
From: Adriaan de Groot <adridg@freebsd.org>
To: git@freebsd.org
Cc: developers@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 17:00:31 +0200

There are still some surprises in the pipeline that processes commits. I
triggered one today with f365336113. In my commit message, I was fixing
something  in an earlier commit, so I wrote "(bla-di-bla, fixes) ports
620d7678c8."

The commit itself refers to a PR (with the usual PR: line), 255260. So
Bugzilla automation takes over, and pastes the commit into a comment there. It
looks to me like Bugzilla takes "ports [0-9]+" in the commit message as an SVN
reference -- the message as-pasted as a comment in Bugzilla then surprisingly
- links to svnweb (which still exists)
- links to r620, which is 26 years old

Overall harmless enough, but surprising for things that look-like-a-revision-
number but are a really a prefix to a longer hash.

[ade]