Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 16:46:59 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   <sys/queue.h>

As much as I like this file there's one detail that I hate:

	/*
	 * Singly-linked List definitions.
	 */
	#define SLIST_HEAD(name, type)                                  \
	struct name {                                                   \
-		struct type *slh_first; /* first element */             \
+		type *slh_first; /* first element */ 			\
	}

If I have something like this:

	typedef struct geom_req_s geom_req;

	struct geom_req_s {
	};

How can I add a any of the types from <sys/types.h> to this data-type
in a clean fashion ?  All other use the typedef, but for the queues
I have to use the struct name.

Is it too late to fix this oversight in <sys/queue.h> ?

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.