Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2017 09:55:35 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about poudriere "queued" ports?

On 05/12/2017 20:47, rainer@ultra-secure.de wrote:
> after updating poudriere, I get a lot of ports showing up in the "Queued
> ports" section, with the reason being "listed".
>

> What does that mean?

'Queued ports' is the list of packages poudriere has calculated should
be in the repository.  Those given as 'listed' are the ones you've
specifically told poudriere to build -- you should also see build- and
run- time dependencies of those ports.  I think the ordering is
significant (BICBW) -- it shows what order poudriere will try and build
packages, although this is complicated by some packages taking ages to
build and holding up everything else that depends on them (llvm40,
openjdk8 are frequently this sort of culprit.)

This is not the list of packages that poudriere will actually be
rebuilding, unless you're doing a 'poudriere bulk -c' to rebuild
everything from scratch.  The list is filtered to pull out any packages
where an update is available, plus anything that depends on the
updatable package.

	Cheers,

	Matthew