Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:21:57 +0100
From:      Rafal Jaworowski <raj@semihalf.com>
To:        Matthias Rampke <matthias@rampke.de>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is the state of FreeBSD on the SheevaPlug?

On 2010-02-23, at 12:34, Matthias Rampke wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I've been considering installing FreeBSD on the Marvell SheevaPlug for
> some time, but I can't seem to find any recent info on what works and
> what doesn't. The various wiki pages [1][2][3] all seem to be more or
> less out-of-date.

The current state of FreeBSD on the plug is the following:

- all connectivity of the device is supported (Ethernet, USB), except =
for SD/MMC (the driver is already written and works, but has not been =
committed to the public tree, as it needs to be cleaned up a bit, which =
I haven't gotten around to yet)

- the above applies to both 8-STABLE and HEAD

> So, I'd especially like to know which devices work and where
> installation is possible, both in 8-STABLE and 9-CURRENT, and if
> someone already made a binary distribution of some kind.

The wiki [3] fully applies, it only shows example snippets from some dev =
boards; all other details are valid for the SP case. The wiki only shows =
netbooting approach, but this should give you a starting point.

BTW: the last BSD Magazine issue had an article by Don Hayford about =
running FreeBSD on the plug. HTH.

Rafal

> [1] =
http://www.plugcomputer.org/plugwiki/index.php/FreeBSD_8.0_%28current%29_P=