Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 22:35:23 -0700
From:      Leland Heaton <lheaton@cts.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Learning FreeBSD

I have a major dilema.  I want to learn freebsd.

I started out working on a FreeBSD system with my two friends.  One uses an
ancient version of like 1.0 and the other 1.9 or something.  Old versions.
I am the new one and run 2.1.0.  They tried to help me but the one with 1.0
just doesn't know (although he is incdeibly smart) and the other just
doesn't really want to help me anymore.

I wanted to really learn FreeBSD now kinda to spite the 1.9 guy who knows
what to do but just won't point me in the right direction.  I was trying to
get a network between my now 486DX2 66 (FreeBSD) and Pentium Win95 machine
and it wouldn't work.  So I downloaded the manual...This doesn't help me
much because I need to have something in front of me.  Written down.  So I
called kinko's and it turns out to cost about 220 dollars to print out the
465 page manual I downloaded...I can't afford this and I would probably use
it.  But I want to learn FreeBSD.

Someone suggested that I print the parts I need but.  It seems that it will
be too difficult and I will loose the stuff.  How can I learn FreeBSD (I
just really would like to scrap the messed up part of freebsd that caused
this whole mess and reinstall FreeBSD)  But I want to learn it first.  See
my dilema?

-- Leland Heaton