Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:37:53 -0500
From:      Ron Steele <ron@dc.infi.net>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Where's FreeBSD 2.2.5 's FAQ and Handbook?

At 05:45 PM 11/26/97 +0800, Min Huang (tunny) wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Shawn Ramsey wrote:
>
>> > Hi, sir,
>> >
>> >     As the title. I can't find them on my file system, I have installed
>> > doc and info packages. I got the FAQ and Handbook of 2.2.5 from ftp
>> > site,
>> > but where's FreeBSD 2.2.5's file?
>>
>> Try /usr/share/doc/FAQ and /usr/share/doc/handbook
>>

>There's no such a thing, neither the /usr/share/doc/FAQ nor
>/usr/share/doc/handbook
>and find /usr -name "FAQ" has no report.
>Do you have such things? What packages have you installed?

It's been removed from the 2.2.5 distribution.  They want you to get it
from the web page.  This is less than ideal when you are trying to get ppp
up, and the information you need is on the other end of a wire.  Perhaps if
enough people complain, the maintainers will change there mind on the next
release.

Ron