Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 11:16:42 +0200
From:      Walter Spierings <Walter@holoprint.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unstalble system

After building a new (file)server FreeBSD 4.0, for a smal multipled
platform netwerk (FreeBSD/Irix/NT), finally almost everything works fine:

	-Vinum (striped)
	-NFS
	-Samba
	-Apache
	-local X

But the system is unstable, I think it's a hardware problem, after I turn
off the quick power on option in the bios, the POST came with a memory
error. So i replaced the dimm module, now the POST gives no more errors.
But the system is still not rock-stable.

My system is an:

	-ABit BP6-Dual processor Mainboard
	-2 * Intel Celeron 500 Mhz 7.5 * 66 Mhz
	-256 Mb RAM
	-1 * E-IDE-UDMA33 8GB Maxtor 90845D4 (system)
	-2 * E-IDE-UDMA33 19GB Maxtor 92041U4 (striped file server)
	-1 * UATA66 20GB Quantum FireBallp LM20.5 (Local use)
	-Riva TNT2
	-A-open 52x CD-ROM
	-NE 2000 compatable 10Mbit PCI network controler
	-Winbold Fast Ethernet 10/100Mbit PCI netwerk controler

All working, but unstable..

How can I test the systems hardware, or what is not yet supported in my
configuration.. Help wanted...

Thanx. Zeo Smeijsters
Dutch Holographic Laboratory
Kanaaldijk Noord 61