Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:35:56 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
To:        rkw@Dataplex.NET
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM Release Generation - (Re: Stable and CTM)

At 13:46 26/10/98 -0600, rkw@Dataplex.NET wrote:
>On 26 Oct, Andrew Boothman wrote:
>> Surely a FreeBSD.org host has a bit of slack space that could be used for
>> something like this? Can anybody comment?
>
>Actually, they abandoned CTM some years ago because of the lack of
>those resources.  I carried it on for a couple years, and now Mark has
>taken over to chores.

I see. In this respect the handbook desperately needs changing. It needs to
reflect the fact that CTM is really no longer a favoured way of staying up
to date.

I think it's a massive shame, because CTM is ideal for people with 'net
access to another box but not the FreeBSD one.

However I understand that Mark doesn't have the resources to take on this
extra burden as well. I would help out myself, but I don't have the
experience or spare time to be helpful.

Do you think pleading letters to hackers@freebsd.org (or maybe even to the
core team) might help to find someone willing to take this on?

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@sour.cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org