Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 22:17:12 -0800
From:      charon@freethought.org
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   source changes that don't require make world

In section 12.1 of "making the world your own," he talks about small
changes that don't require a 'make world,' but I don't quite get it.  For
example, I just did a make world and then (I'm using CTM) src-3.0050 came
out.  I did a ctm on it, and it said which files it changed, but how do I
make the changes?  The tutorial says, "go to the appropriate
sub-directories and make all install" but what is the appropriate
sub-directory?  For example, one of the changes was to
src/release/sysinstall/config.c, but when I went to src/release/sysinstall,
'make all install' didn't work.  Thanks,

-charon