Date:      Sun, 09 Jun 2002 13:27:54 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        "LEDAMAY Speakeasy" <ledam@speakeasy.org>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail help

At 02:09 PM 6.9.2002 -0400, LEDAMAY Speakeasy wrote:
>Be Gentle...
>
>I am trying to find an example of the MAKE command for setting up sendmail..
>I have read this- http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/sendmail.html
>But it mentions MAKE file and I have no clue what that is...
>
>"you need to run make in /etc/mail/ to update the database."  DO I simply
>type "make" from that folder? Is there a command line to "make" for
>sendmail.cf or something?
>
>Any help would be appreciated...
>
>Newbie..

Yes, you can do this with "make"
## To refresh aliases "newaliases" or "make"
## To rebuild access, virtusertable "make"
## To read relay-domains see below
#
## Sendmail daemon
## sendmail CD to /etc/mail "make stop" "make start" "make restart"
## sendmail must be restarted to re-read the relay-domains file

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

SageOne Net