Date:      Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:13:30 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@iafrica.com>
To:        Spidey <beaupran@jsp.umontreal.ca>
Cc:        Michael Richards <026809r@dragon.acadiau.ca>, Fernando Schapachnik <fpscha@ns1.sminter.com.ar>, Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, dscheidt@enteract.com, unicorn@blackhats.org, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partition Sites [was Re: ACLs]

On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 20:04:13 EST, Spidey wrote:

> And while we're at it... Why not a nice GUI to resize the partitions? :))

Go ahead and do it. One of three things will happen:

1) You'll run into problems while you're trying to design the GUI, and
   you'll realize why it hasn't been done.

2) You'll find that very few people use your GUI, because "off the shelf
   defaults" for partition sizes are a lame concept.

3) You'll find that lots of people use it and you'll be a hero.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will carry on working on the things we can
realistically tackle, given our skills and time resources.

Good luck,
Sheldon.