Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 1996 00:49:00 -0500
From:      Zachary Buckholz <zack@new-mind.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hitatchie ATAPI CdRom ?

The following page makes refrence to a file which I can not seem to
locate, along with my cd purchase from cdrom.com I recieved a book
entitled The Complete FreeBSD, this book also makes refrence to a
atapi.flp file and ATAPIFLP.BAT which it says are located in the
/cdrom/floppies directory, well I searched the entire disk with two
seperate search utilities and could not locate either. Are these files
available via the net? I searched the FreeBSD.org site and find several
refrences to the files but not the files them selves. Currently I have
taken my old tandy single speed rom drive which is rusted and majorly
corroided from moisture, and this appears to be working except for a
read error every once in a while, but you may like to know that TANDY
single speed drives (which I think are mitsumi) work without any changes
to the install command. If you have any suggestions on how to make my
Hitatchie x4 speed drive work please let me know, or if you know where I
can locate the above mentioned files please let me know. I appreciate
your time, and thank you.

Page that is displayed at FreeBSD.org that makes refrence to above
mentioned files.
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook13.html

thanks
zack@new-mind.com