Date:      Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:47:17 +0200
From:      Christian Gusenbauer <Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NATD and skip packets

Gary Palmer wrote:

> Eivind Eklund wrote in message ID
> <199707241725.TAA01132@bitbox.follo.net>:
> > What are SKIP-packets?
>
> See Matt Dodd's earlier reply. SKIP is a crypto-tunnel system, and
> part of Suns SunScreen product. Publically available (already ported
> to FreeBSD 2.1.x) at http://skip.incog.com/
>
> Gary
> --
> Gary Palmer                                          FreeBSD Core Team Member
> FreeBSD: Turning PC's into workstations. See http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/ for info

Hi!

Thanks for your answers, but I think I have to clearify: we are here in
Austria
(Europe) and do have some NT and Sun Workstations with Skip software. We
are
using private addresses within our local network. Now, we want to
communicate
with other workstations on other networks. This will only work, when our
FreeBSD
firewall does the network address translation. But unfortunately, NATD
doesn't
understand the SKIP packets and therefor the address translation fails.
Now, my
question is: what do I have to do to get this running?

Many thanks,
Christian.

--
Christian Gusenbauer                              UTIMACO Safe Concept
Christian.Gusenbauer@utimaco.co.at                A-4020 Linz, AUSTRIA