Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 1997 23:22:03 -0500
From:      Mark <markey@chcm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question regarding multiboot w/ windows NT

In the faq, section 8.7, there is a description of the boot.ini file
modified to include FreeBSD and Unix. We are advised to "copy the first
sector of your native root FreeBSD or Linux partition into a file in the
DOS/NT partition". How exactly is this done?
I have a new SCSI controller and drive, and I plan on having one
partition for DOS/NT and one for FreeBSD. I will be starting over from
scratch with fresh installs, and after installing, bringing over data
(zips, etc) from tape. Do you have any suggestions for a preferred
procedure? I have heard that putting NT on first would be good, since
Windows has a tendency to erase or otherwise mutilate other MBR data...?