Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 1997 16:34:42 -0800
From:      Liz McQueeny <ladybug@pugetsound.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HELP!!!!

I'm trying to install freebsd and I'm having a problem!
I want to do a single-disk, multi-os install.  I have windows 95
installed already. I downloaded the fips.exe and set up a new freebsd
partition, then I  made my freebsd boot disk using the fdimage file.  I
then downloaded the "bin" files from the ftp.cdrom site and stored them
in a directory named FreeBSD. The boot disk works fine but when i try to
install from a dos partition it kicks me back out to the select
distributions screen and I get into a vicious circle from there.
So, I decided to try to fdimage all of the "bin" files to floppy disk
and install that way, but when I got to the actual install screen where
it asks me to put in the first floppy, I get an error message that reads
"Error mounting floppy fd0 (/dev/fd0) on /dist : Invalid argument".
What does this mean???
I'm new to UNIX-type OS's and I'm very lost!!  I hope I've given you
enough information and I also hope you can help me.  Thank you for
taking the time to read this.

--
Elizabeth McQueeny
ladybug@pugetsound.net