Date:      Wed, 27 May 1998 09:29:05 -0500
From:      Chris Chizk <chizk@cvs.rochester.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Connecting to isp w/ a modem

Hi, My question is in reguards to connecting to my isp via modem on my
machine running freebsd.  At this point, I have no interest in
regestering a domain name or becoming a server, I just want to connect
to my isp to read mail etc. I can do this on my win 95 partition, but it
is cumbersome to reboot etc. if all I want to do is read mail or
download a file.  I have read many of the FAQ's and chapters in the book
that accompanied my cd, but most of it is still alittle to "low level"
and I don't have the background to "really " comprehend it.  Is there a
concise method somewhere on how to set up my modem and machine to dial
in to my isp.  My equipment is a toshiba laptop w/ a 33.6 pc card fax
modem.  Also, Another unrelated question: I have been attempting to
mount my cdrom w/ the mount command and do not entirely understand all
the arguments.  I have read the man page but still don't get it.  I do
not have lots of unix background but am trying. Can anyone tell me how
to mount the a volume in the cdrom drive.  It is an IDE drive if that is
important.
Thanks,
Chris.