Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 19:39:40 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        andrew@squiz.co.nz
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: =?iso-8859-1?Q?=B1z=A4=40=A9w=ADn=A5=CE=C0=F4=ABO=A5R=B9q=B9q=A6=C0?=

Andrew McNaughton wrote:

> Several non-English mailing lists are also available:
>
>       Czech -- majordomo@freebsd.cz
>       German -- majordomo@de.freebsd.org.
>       French -- majordomo@freebsd.francenet.fr or WWWW.
>       Hungarian -- majordomo@hu.freebsd.org
>       Japanese -- majordomo@jp.freebsd.org
>       Polish -- majordomo@pap.waw.pl
>       Portuguese -- WWW or listproc@br.freebsd.org
>       Slovakian -- majordomo@sk.freebsd.org
>       Spanish -- majordomo@es.freebsd.org
>
> So where does one go I wonder with a security issue if one speaks
> taiwanese but not english?

Andrew raises a valid question here.  Ideally, we'd have an assistant,
or "national" security officer for each of the "officially" supported
languages, who can also communicate effectively in (written, at least)
english.

So, which languages are you going to step up to support, Andrew?

I can probably track down (non-technical) speakers of both Ute and Navajo,
and possibly Shoshone if I'm willing to drive a bit.

I can also translate into "sailor speak."  If you don't know what that
is, consider yourself lucky.  Or read Mr. Buffett's new book, "A Pirate
Looks at Fifty."  (That'd be Jimmy, not Warren.  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters  aka "Barnacle Wes"                                  +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                   wes@softweyr.com