Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:38:31 -0600
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: This just in: Microsoft/Sears Merger

Drew Baxter wrote:
> If you can get 85+% of the software on the market to work on FreeBSD, and
> support my Voodoo2 card, I'll switch..

If you must, boot Windows. That's what I've been doing. For some odd
reason, Windows seems to be one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix
it" situations. At least thats been my experience. Oh, don't get me
started on networking Windows. :-)

Course, when you go from vid_mode 0 to vid_mode 12 (320x200 to 640x480
for you non-Quake people) then to GL... (For non-Quake people: 640x480
3D rendered.) I have a Voodoo2, but I'm not holding my breath. <HINT> It
would be real nice if Luigi's driver had no audio delay and had mmap()
support. </HINT>
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>