Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:27:47 +0000
From:      Vertigo <vertigo@nirvanafan.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   variables in vi and ee

in the editors ee and vi are there any variables that i could put in
"motd" and it would display the users name, etc.

for example:

Welcome (USERNAME) to this computer running FreeBSD (VERSION).
                time: (TIME)                                     date:
(DATE)

if there is something like this PLEASE tell me. I just started using
FreeBSD yesterday and its kinda confusing alittle.

could someone tell me how to get my floppy drive (A:) to work? i have a
disk that i used fdimage on my WinNT computer to copy a file to and it
doesnt want to work.