Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 01:20:01 +0930
From:      Matthew Thyer <thyerm@camtech.com.au>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au, green@unixhelp.org, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   XFree86 xsetpointer causes silo overflows (Was: Re: Fixed my MAMEd sio  problem.)

I have confirmed that the problem occurs if I just do:

  xsetpointer Joystick
  sleep 1
  xsetpointer pointer

So M.A.M.E. is unrelated to the problem as Bruce Evans would suggest.

So the problem appears to be with XFree86 not closing the joystick
device after I've used it as a pointer with 'xsetpointer'.

I am sure I am using xsetpointer correctly as I can use my PC joystick
as a pointing device (once I calibrate it).

I was just using xsetpointer with an incorrectly calibrated joystick
so it moved the pointer to the top left corner of the screen in my
xmame.sh shell script (I'd like to know how to do this another way).

--
| Work: Matthew.Thyer@dsto.defence.gov.au | Home: thyerm@camtech.net.au |