Date:      Tue, 05 Oct 1999 02:32:53 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        Jukka Simila <sjuke@saunalahti.fi>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hauppauge remote

Randall, Jukka,

> I'd bet we just need some minimal code to slirp up Hauppauge remote events
> (wherever they come from) and convert them to canonical key strings
> (e.g. "ChanUp", "ChanDn", "VolUp", etc.).

Randall, FYI, there is an ioctl in the Bt848 driver which I added back
in January 1999 which lets you read the IR remote control data.
I wrote sample code for the IR remote control which is on my
ftp site (ftp://telepresence.dmem.strath.ac.uk/pub/b848)

Hopefully, Jukka will do all the work and provide FXTV patches.

Jukka, if you want me to test any FXTV changes for the
Hauppauge Remote Control, let me know.

Cheers
Roger