Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 02:11:10 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Jos Backus <Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmpfw in pine via NFS

Jos Backus wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 at 10:03:07AM -0800, Doug White wrote:
> > If so you're breaking the cardinal rule of NFS: Never serve mail spools
> > via NFS.
>
> ...unless you're using the Maildir mailbox format and delivery protocol:
>
>         http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html

/me shivers at the thought of my (easily) 500+ new messages a day
and hundreds of thousands of messages being stored one file for each
message...

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Then again maybe not going to heaven would be a blessing. Relkin
liked a certain amount of peace and harmony, since there'd been a
pronounced shortage of them in his own life; however, nothing but
peace and harmony, forever and forever? He wasn't sure about that.
And no beer? Very dubious proposition."