Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:07:58 -0500
From:      Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com>
To:        Glen Foster <gfoster@gfoster.com>, "freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CDROM mount problems!

Glen Foster wrote:

> If your CD has a non-UFS file system on it, you have to tell mount
> that this is the case, you also should specify that the media is
> read-only, e.g.:
>
> # mount -t cd9660 -o rdonly /dev/acd0a /cdrom
It worked! Strange ..without the -o rdonly flag it would not. Maybe I
should just invest in some newer drives. I'm starting to suspect the
drives may be too old. 3 out of 5 just worked in a 5 disk set. Leads me
to believe the drive probably needs cleaning or replacing.

--
Ted Sikora
Jtl Development Group