Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 11:41:28 -0600
From:      Dave Hostetler <dbhost@brokersys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   What are the differences?

I have been a Linux user for the last three years and I was wondering
about FreeBSD.  What are the differences between the two operating
systems? I know you have got to be biased toward your own project and I
can understand that, I was just wondering how FreeBSD compares to say
Red Hat Linux or Debian GNU Linux?  Is it pretty much compatible? What
about software? Can I use my Red Hat .rpm programs with FreeBSD? Does
wine work under FreeBSD? I would like to tinker with it just to have
another option but I want to make sure I am not just getting more of the
same...
Dave Hostetler