Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2000 11:25:45 -0500
From:      Matt Gostick <matt@crazylogic.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   staroffice port

Hi,

I've been trying to install staroffice5 for some time now.  I can do the
make
build okay, but when I make install I get the following:

----------< make install >

===>  Installing for staroffice-5.1a
===>   staroffice-5.1a depends on file:
/compat/linux/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib/l
ibc.so.5 - found
/usr/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig: warning: can't open
/usr/ports/editors/staroffi
ce5/work/tmp/sv001.tmp (No such file or directory), skipping
StarOffice 5.1a (Sun Version) Personal Install How-To

Written By:
Darren Wiebe
dkwiebe@hagenhomes.com

You will very shortly be done a network install of StarOffice 5.1a.
Once that is done run "make post-install".
Once that is done exit X11 and run it again as the user that you usually
use.
Then run "make install-user" and do a standard workstation install.
It will now be ready to use.

Good Luck

/usr/ports/editors/staroffice5/work/so51inst/office51/setup: cannot
connect to X
 server
*** Error code 255 (ignored)
===>   Generating temporary packing list
install: /usr/local/Office51/bin: No such file or directory
*** Error code 71

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

----------< make install end >

Is this a known problem?  what do I do to get this installed?
I am running X (windowmaker) and have linux_base-6.1 installed.

I tried creating /usr/local/Office51/bin ... but it just complained that
other
directories under it where missing. :)

Thanks,
--