Date:      Thu, 6 May 2010 12:28:24 +0200
To:        Peter Palmreuther <pitpalme+unix@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openjdk6 crashes

Hi.

Here the JVM crashed because the user that tries to start it is
defined within a ldap database using nsswitch.conf and pam_ldap
to connect to. Everthing is fine using a local user. Maybe its
the same problem on your side.

I'm using:

- FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE-p2
- jdk-1.6.0.3p4_14
- nss_ldap-1.265_3
- pam_ldap-1.8.5
- openldap-sasl-server-2.3.41

John

On 05.05.2010, at 22:40, Peter Palmreuther wrote:

> On 05.05.10 18:15, Nicklas Johnson wrote:
>> I see this comment near the assert:
>>=20
>> // Make sure the stack has at least enough depth to execute
>>    // the current bytecode.
>>=20
>> So possibly increasing the stack size could help?  Try -Xss2m or
>> -Xss4m.  Though this could also be referring to an internal compiler
>> stack and have nothing to do with the Java thread stack, so it may =
not
>> matter at all.  Something that's easy to try at least.
>=20
> Tried and failed. See attached 'hs_err_pid83265.log'. Seems it's (as =
somehow
> expected) the compiler stack, not the "normal" Java Stack?!?
>=20
> Anybody or anything else?
>=20
> I'd really like to have a mostly stable JRE/JDK running on my FreeBSD. =
Diablo
"freebsd-java-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"