Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:22:48 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Call for review: new pccard.conf scheme

[removing -hackers]

Mitsuru IWASAKI wrote:

> I'm working on new pccard.conf scheme, /etc/defaults/pccard.conf and
> /etc/pccard.conf in the same manner as rc.conf.

Yeah!

> Attached patch for pccardd(8) contains:
> 1. improved `include' keyword function for error handling.
> 2. changed available io, irq, mem pool so that they can be overridden.
> 3. default config file as /etc/defaults/pccard.conf instead of
>    /etc/pccard.conf.

Include a patch to /etc/defaults/rc.conf, too. :-)

> The pccard configuration can be separated into two parts; Default
> pccard configuration database for general purpose, and user specific
> configuration (further, available resource infomation and additional
> pccard entries).  By separating the file into two
> (/etc/defaults/pccard.conf as default, /etc/pccard.conf as user
> config), upgrading pccard.conf would be much easier.
> Yes, just update /etc/defaults/pccard.conf!

Err... pccard.conf is a file that goes through WAAAAAY too many syntax
changes. Can you add a "version number" config line, so that pccardd can
verify that the files are in an acceptable syntax? I'd suggest
major/minor numbers. If major is wrong, the syntax is incompatible. If
the minor is wrong, the syntax is still supported but the user would
better update it to remove legacy keywords.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	The size of the pizza is inversely proportional to the intensity of the
hunger.