Date:      Wed, 10 May 2000 11:37:02 -0400
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best supported multiport ethernet card?

Hello,

I'm looking for a 2 or 4 port (preferably 4 port) 10/100
ethernet card that is able to do full-duplex under 4-stable.
I'm not concerned with performance as much as I am with
the driver being maintained.

We've got a Rod Grimes built router (thanks Rod!) that's
been running happily for a few years with a ZNYX (DEC 21140A
based) quad port ethernet card.  None of its current
interfaces are full-duplex, which is good because all the
reports I've seen in the mailing lists indicate that these
cards can't do full-duplexing with the de driver in FreeBSD.

I'd like to go with an Intel fxp based or BP (didn't realize
Bill Paul was a chip!) based card, since the drivers for
these cards seem to be better maintained.  I also want to
be able to do full-duplexing.

Anyone have any luck with the Adaptec Quartet64 (ANA-62044)
with the sf driver?

I'm also in the market for a GB (1000BaseSX) card.  Anyone
have any problems with the SysKonnect SK9843 or SK9844 and
the sk driver?

Thanks,

--
Dan Eischen